Monday, September 14, 2009

 

Music Videos

So I know I'm totally out of touch with 'it' in pop culture these days (man it slips away fast once you're out of university eh?) but holy cow what the hell is happening with music videos these days?

I just found out about Kanye's outburst during Taylor Swift's Female Video Of The Year acceptance speech at the 2009 MTV VMAs. Wow.

Here's the evidence:

Here's Beyonce apologizing later on in the night. I have to say 'good on her' - she's even classier than I thought.

Meanwhile, here is the Taylor Swift video in question:

Here is the Beyonce vide in question:

I have to say I like them both, but jeez are these really the best videos of the year. I think the Beyonce 'continuous shot' thing is pretty awesome, and the dancing is pretty insance, but Taylor's video is just as good in its own wholesome way. They're very different, but I don't think Taylor deserved to have her award questioned really.

Also though, I'd like to point out that even with my very limited knowledge of music videos I know of a video that came out this year that I much better than either of those (and Beyonce's video won "Video Of The Year"!?). But it's not from one of those big bankable artists, so I guess we don't get to talk about it at the VMAs.

I love in this video how they filmed it with a 'slowed down' version of the song and then sped the video up to 'real' speed. The effect is great.




**** UPDATE ****
As it turns out this mutemath video came out in Nov 2008 so maybe it didn't qualify for this year's VMAs. Still a great video.

Comments:
I love that Mute Math song...um it's from Twilight...I think that's why. Sorry to be shallow - cool vid though.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home