Tuesday, May 01, 2007

 

Advice From The Internet : A Collection of Financial Literacy Resources

GetRichSlowly has really been my buddy lately. Continuing on my theme of providing resources from teh interweb that I find to be 'good advice', here's a video series on financial literacy.

There's a few people in my life who have at one time or another have noted to me in their own way that they feel 'dumb' financially - they don't understand the stock market or savings or credit scores or whatever. This video series seems to be a great place to start (I learned a lot anyway - I've seen almost all of them).

For what it's worth, I've been following a few blogs that focus on issues of financial literacy lately that would be of interest to anyone interested in this topic:

Comments:
Nice links! I will dig into them...

A book all Canadians should read (since on average we have no financial education!) is "The Wealthy Barber". It's a great introduction to all kinds of stuff we don't know that will make us rich very slowly. It's written like a novel, not a textbook, so it's less terrifying than some other sources of financial information. I learned what a mutual fund was and now I want one.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home