Wednesday, January 17, 2007

 

And Then There Was Woz (The Times Are A Changin')

Last night Morgan and Lindsay and I took a trip into Sackville to see Steve Wozniak give a presentation - to hear him tell stories, really.

Woz is truly an amazing guy. I think he's also a great storyteller. I'm excited to get to his new book (which I bought last night) after I make my way through all of the other reading I've committed myself to.

His presentation was great. He was so funny and it was easy to see he liked to boast about his best pranks and gadgets.

I got to ask him a question too! I asked about what music he listens to. He pretty much said he now listens to the music he listened to when he was a kid (~20), which was Dylan and The Beatles specifically. He also noted that he 'switched' to country around the time Apple got started - because there was more meaning to the lyrics.

More generally, he said that when they were kids, Steve Jobs and him used to talk about music a lot. He said that he always felt that music is best when it has something important to say. Hence the Dylan. And the country music. I'll try to extrapolate a little here, with a little rundown of what that might all entail, in a separate article.

Comments:
That is awsome! Must have been sweet to see Woz. I also like the switch to country music. I think woz is basically right on that. Can't wait to read your next post.

Dan
 
Post a Comment



<< Home