Thursday, August 31, 2006

 

Boat Ride

I just read a wonderful little piece by one of the best writers out there in the blogosphere, THE Daring Fireball, John Gruber. The story is a quick tale about an evening of his recent vacation with his family, and it's one of those heart warming stories that just puts me right off my rails - I'll be affected by this all day now, which is great. Everyone loves a good story about a family working through the things families need to work through, protecting each other and being patient with each other but at the same time infuriated by the strange (usually irrational) things that make us each so unique.

So way to go Mr. Gruber on being Dad Of The Summer (an award I just made up and am happy to award) and also 'way to go' to anyone else out there dealing with the pressures of close-quarters, family vacationing this summer.

Comments:
Family vacationing can turn nasty so quickly.

I like "dad of the summer" award. Much more important than "best choreography in a pop music video"
 
Post a Comment



<< Home