Friday, July 28, 2006

 

Rob Glaser, Literally

I just read the best quote EVER.

Some of you may remember Rob Glaser from the old days when his company Real Networks reverse engineered the FairPlay DRM used to protect songs purchased on the iTMS, in order to allow those songs to be played using RealPlayer (and, potentially, their portable media player hardware - which I'm not sure even ever existed).

Every once in a while he pops his head out of wherever it is that he keeps it (I was looking for some witty noun or other to point out how ridiculous this guy's press statements usually are, but there aren't any existing words to handle the situation - I'll just move on) to make some stupid comment or awful analysis of the tech industry and totally humiliates himself. All the better for us I guess.

In this article on C|net Mr. Glaser makes one of my favourite grammar mistakes, providing me with at least a weekend worth of laughs. (The best part is that he was actually quoted as saying this. Do you suppose the reporter that submitted this article was quoting tongue-in-cheek style or did they not notice the glaring mistake either? We'll never know.)

Here's the telltale quotation that proves that Rob Glaser maybe doesn't have all his meubles : (emphasis added)
Glaser said, "We think this a case where our technology competitors, in this case specifically Microsoft, have literally thrown the baby out with the bath water."

All I've got to say is if MSFT is soaking babies in dirty bathwater and then hucking them out into the street, as this quote implies, they've got bigger worries than anti-trust...

I wonder if that would qualify as libel?

Comments:
I literally shit my pants laughing when I saw your use of "meubles."
 
Post a Comment



<< Home