Tuesday, July 25, 2006

 

Cancer Society Donations

One nice thing about having long(ish) hair is that when I decide to get it cut there are charities waiting to take it. I knew about the Cancer Society's hair donation program but didn't know how to access it - so I sent an email to the Cancer Society Of NB, and got this response:

Hi Joel,

Thank you for the e-mail. We do not actually make the wigs here but you can drop your hair off at any Canadian Cancer Society branch and we can forward the hair to a place that makes the wigs. Here is the requirements and everything for the hair and all the places in Canada that we send hair to:

http://www.cancer.ca/ccs/internet/standard/0,3182,3384_14519_84874484_langId-en,00.html

If that link does not work for any reason, just go to www.cancer.ca and you should be able to find information about hair donations there or you can call me at 634-6272

Thank you,

Shawna Doiron

Just thought I'd make the info available.

Comments:
Yeah, some of the places said 8 inches, some said 10 inches, some said 12 (!!) inches... I'll be careful about where I send mine.
 
Glad you went and found out stuff - it's what you're best at. I kept forgetting to find out for you!

OOh I can't wait to see you with short hair. I'm glad we have lots of pics of you and your long hair though. It's really wonderful :o)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home