Friday, May 12, 2006

 

As Light As The Eyre

The man who was the principal of my elementary school when I was there, Mr. Brian James Eyre, passed away yesterday. It seems he had cancer.

He was a character, full of energy and by most accounts a bit of a wiz when it came to leading and organizing educators.

AND he had a real impact on the students he was charged with. So much so that folks like me feel compelled to grieve now, better than 15 years after having been in his care. So much so that my mother felt it was necessary to call and tell me before I heard through some other channel.

This is a real impact, and something I don't think I can understate. All of us Aldershot kids will certianly remember him fondly. Perhaps this is the way it is at every school, but that doesn't make it any less special.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home