Tuesday, July 26, 2005

 

Break In!!

So, last night someone broke into my car while it was parked in the parking lot behind my house. There was nothing of any value to steal, so I don't think anything is missing. Possibly a hand tool/poket knife thing that I bought for $10 about 5 years ago. (I'm not all that sad to see it go to tell you the truth)

There was a crazy old cell phone that my parents gave me for emergencies in the center compartment, and the vandal found it, opened the case and looked at it, then chucked it onto the passenger side floor. Apparently it wasn't good enough for our heroic hoodlum.

My iPod power adapter was uncovered as well, and was also left on the seat.

Also, I had the RSVP for O'sama's wedding shin-dig sitting in there - I didn't bother mailing it because I just decided to call Hanni's mother instead. The little bastard opened that up too though, looking for money I guess.

All in all, it was a pretty unsuccessful trip for the robber. I have a big mess to clean up now though - this wasn't a very tidy robbery.

I think the only thing I'm worried about is if this person decides they want to commit a real crime with the knife they took from me....

Morgan always tells me to lock my doors, and I never do, so I guess I was asking for this to happen.

*********
UPDATE:

Turns out my theif did get away with some cash - about $7 in change that was on the dash. Oh well. Also, I forgot about case of beer that was in the trunk, but the crook didn't look in there, so I still have my beer!

Comments:
Mostly I'm sad to see the cruisin to win ticket go. What if THAT was the ONE? And they opened it, saw that Halifax was there and took it?

I'm kind of sad about that. Not so much the toonies, but definitely the cruisin to win.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home