Tuesday, June 28, 2005

 

New And Notable

I've been busy and lazy, so you haven't heard much from me.

Here's some great iTunes info to check out though.

iTunes 4.9 was just released and has PODCAST SUPPORT!!!
I think it's fantastic. I haven't listened to any yet, but I just subscribed to the CBC Radio 3 Independent Music one and I'm really excited about it.

Also, Nardwar has recently been honoured with his own celebrity playlist on the iTMS. Go check that out sometime - it looks really good, including some artists I love such as Ween, Mudhoney, and Warrant.

And don't forget that Canada Day is coming up this Friday (Yes! 3-day weekend!) because iTMS certainly hasn't. They have four different 'shuffle' lists just for the holiday, grouped by genre. There's an alternative shuffle, a pop spotlight, a rock shuffle, a roots spotlight, an easy listening spotlight, and an urban spotlight. There's about 6 hours of great Canadian music on each of the alternative and rock shuffle lists, and there's 50-some tracks on the pop spotlight, 27 on the roots spotlight, 28 on the easy listening spotlight, and 32 on the urban spotlight. The price is about what you would pay if you bought each track individually, but it's good to see all this music together, and it's good to see the iTMS embracing Canadian music. This would be a great way to buy some tunes for this weekend's celebration. If I had $300+ to blow on music that is.

Speaking of great Canadian music, it looks like my boys, 54-40 have a new record out too, that I can't wait to get ahold of - And DFA 1979 has a 4-song iTMS exlusive EP up as well. (I love getting EPs through the iTMS). The Tea Party are raising money for cancer research. And Thornley has an exlusive iTMS track up as well.

Comments:
Podcasts eh? I have to get in on this because I can get a lot of WIDGETS that sort through that stuff for me :o)

Let me just say...
widgetwidgetwidgetwidgetwidgetwidgetwidgetwidgetwidgetwidgetwidgetwidgetwidgetwidgetwidgetwidgetwidgetwidget!

I think it is funny how much you sound like a commercial. But I like it. And I agree - yay Canadian music! I have been listening to NMC Radio lately and it's quite satisfying. And I feel good about myself.
 
The CBC Radio 3 Independent Music podcast is almost entirely made up of music off NMC! Crazy eh? I forgot to put that link in the post the first time, so I'll go do it now.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home