Tuesday, May 03, 2005

 

White Weddings, Cold Roses, New Labels

Each of these topics deserve their own post, but I'm going to be lazy/efficient and just ask my viewers to please afford each topic the attention they are worth.

First, let's all congratulate M# on his new MARRIAGE!! Hopefully we'll get more details soon, about possible honeymoons, living arrangements, future plans now that everyone's graduated and everything... or maybe that's none of our damned business and we won't hear anything. Either way, this is a big, BIG deal and I'd really like to wish M# and K all the best.

I'm actually going to switch the order of the next two from their introduction in the title. Just because I can.

Everyone should go check out Zunior.com. (Will be added to my sidebar soon) It's a great new spin on the traditional ideas about how to sell music. Artists pay a very small fee to list with Zunior and then Zunior sells their music to us, for a very small fee (most albums are $8.88 CAN) via PayPal (which I'm guessing many of you are accustomed to already) They're just getting started so there's not a lot of music on there, and you won't find any super big names like Brittney Spears or Phil Collins that already distribute through a major label, (because that label already owns the distribution rights), but it's a great way to get into some wicked Canadian content that's normally pretty hard to find, and can be too expensive to buy in record stores. Who falls into this category? Let's have a look at a few of my faves:
The artist gets the money - you get the music, cheap and fast, artwork included. They do an internet radio station, and streaming video. The whole thing got started by Dave Ullrich and somehow one of the Inbreds guys, Mike O'Neill, is wrapped up in this too.

On to less-virtual music, I'm going to buy the new Ryan Adams CD today (the physical CD), and I've been practically shaking with excitement for days, waiting for the time to come. I can't wait to hear it. I bought the single off iTunes recently, and I love it. It's very twangy-Whiskeytown which is really what I want right now. Anyone looking for some wicked summertime music, go check this record out as soon as you can.

That's it for now.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home