Monday, January 10, 2005

 

"Shrek 2 is the people's choice"

01/10/2005: "Shrek 2 is the people's choice"

So I flicked on the tube last night to chill out for a few minutes before bed, and guess what I managed to see in the (literally) 3 minutes that I watched.... "The People's Choice Awards"

A particular segment of the awards as well: Shrek 2 beating out The Incredibles for Favourite Animated Movie. And in fact, Pixar didn't even win a single award last night. (or so the above linked article says)

I can only guess that there hasn't been enough time for the "people" doing the choosing to see The Incredibles yet. I know there are those out there who would say that my support for Pixar films, and Steve Jobs' companies' products are gumming up my faculties of reason... but of course that's not what I think.

In case anyone out there actually does cares what I think, (and why would you be here if you didn't) The Incredibles was probably the best movie I saw this year PERIOD, let alone best among animated films. I don't know if the character awards could have gone to The Incredibles over Shrek - Donkey really was awesome, though I think he probably got this award based more on his performance in both movies combined (as opposed to just the 2nd movie)

But all is not lost. I think Pixar's flick will do very very well at the awards where movie folks call the shots, rather than us common-folk. I do concede however that losing the people's choice competition is a major setback.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home