Thursday, January 27, 2005

 

More Tunes

Although I'm probably not on anyone's "hip-hop aficionados" list I do know what hip-hop I like, and here's a track I've been into lately:

It's called Dorian by Brother Ali. It's about beating the crap out of a guy who was beating his girlfriend up. Here's a few select lines for ya:
He invited my right fist for a party on his left cheek
I didn't mean to seem rude so I accepted,
But arrived a half a second early, right cross connected -
Oh, staggered him, just by taggin' him,
Mr. tough guy, one punch bring out the fag in him
Little man could make moves that I couldn't,
He cut and tried to foot it, now how should I put it
I stood at full posture and swatted him down the staircase
Bare knuckles to bare face, all punches knew their place
Air point style, the second one take off, the next one land
Learn some respect young man

I said "somebody need to beat your ass,
And then teach your ass, and I'm sorry I can only do half"
Here's a good interview with him too.



Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home