Sunday, January 16, 2005

 

Joe Wilcox: Apple's Inspirational Marketing

Joe Wilcox: Apple's Inspirational Marketing
I like this Wilcox dude more every time I visit his blog.
I have felt this "create rather than consume" paradigm happening underneath me for the past 5 years or so with regards to Apple's technology, and though I hadn't really had the thought that it would affect my kids (since I don't have any) I HAVE thought about how having this type of technology around would change my own life - I wish I could afford a new Mac (which I almost can now) and a digital camera, possibly even a cheap DV-camcorder, I already have a beautiful iPod, and use iLife to make slideshows and movies and very handsome looking DVDs to present it all in... it would really enrich not just my life by those around me - these things make great Christmas gifts!
I guy I work with made CDs for his family members of pictures and videos he had taken of his 3 year old daughter with his Sony Cybershot over the past year - he printed out some jewel case inserts and sticker-type CD labels and made a real production of it. Cool idea right? Here's the problem, it was just a plain old data CD with a bunch of files on it in directory structures that looked like "/Pictures/Second_Birthday/" etc... how nice would it have been to actually make a DVD or a VCD of all that stuff with a nice DVD menu that had chapter selection and a pictures section and a soundtrack and everything... You can DO that stuff with iLife! This is something that I think is really lost on most people. I can't wait till I start having some cash around and MY memories just look so much better than everyone else's!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home