Friday, December 17, 2004

 

Pervasive?

So last night as I'm leaving work I was queueing up a playlist for the drive home on my iPod before I ventured out into the frigid arctic that is "the office parking lot" when I was accosted by a coworker. He politely inquired "So whatcha got there?".
I thought perhaps he was just being coy.
Shaken up, but not yet out of the game I replied "It's my iPod - I'm just queueing up some tunes for the drive home..." (no sense lying about these things)
Here's where things went awry. He then asked me "What does it do?" followed by "Does it come in Men's colours?" (In reference to the slightly peach-y orange (Lava actually) of my case - which is an awesome case, by the way, and not girly at all. Besides which, he became extremely interested in the case after he found out it glows in the dark!)

Now granted he is an HR guy (strike 1), he is kind of an older dude (~40 - strike 2), and he is known to be somewhat of a goof (strike 3 - YOU'RE OUT! (no balls either)). Nonetheless my dream for iPod ubiquity and utter consumer electronics market dominance seems just that much further away...

Comments:
Yeah, it friggin glows in the dark!

I guess if he had an iPod it'd be all scratched up and dirty because THAT's more manly...
 
Post a Comment



<< Home