Friday, November 12, 2004

 

Yahoo! Mail

Though Yahoo!'s mail app is quite good, I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL I CAN CHANGE MY E-MAIL ADDRESS AGAIN!!! I already have a GMail account, and would love to be using it, but I've already inflicted TWO address changes on my loved ones this year, so I don't want to change again. (Every time I make a change I feel like I'm leaving more people behind who now don't know how to contact me and leave me with no way to contact them)

Sometimes when using Yahoo! 's mail app, I find that something will 'happen' to my message while I'm composing. Something like, my session will expire inexplicably (I would think that logging out and back in would provide me with A BRAND NEW session, but apparently it doesn't) and if for some strange reason the browser gets pointed to another page while composing, USING THE BACK BUTTON to get back to the compose page causes a page reload! (This could perhaps be more related to my browser than anything else - Maybe there's a setting that says "If I back up to a page, don't reload it EVEN IF - no, ESPECIALLY IF the URL has post data in it, so you don't mess up my partially completed web forms, you stupid piece of generally very good but still in need of fine tuning open source software". (By the way, IE is no better at this than Firefox) Alas, I fear until I find said setting I am doomed to suffer the wrath of neglecting "Joel On Software"'s cardinal axiom of all user interface design (Scroll to the bottom of the page).

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home