Wednesday, November 10, 2004

 

Leaving Things Behind

So here's the first real post, though I still haven't notified anyone of this blog's existence.

First of all, this thing just got started, and I only have access to the interweb from work (that's not entirely true, but it may as well be - plus my personal computer is really starting to show it's age [it's friggin ~5 years old now!]) so no criticism of the colors or the layout or whatever - it's template that part of this blog system. And speaking of 'this blog system' - it allows for great RSS feed happiness to happen. This is especially useful if you're using a browser that supports RSS aggregation (like the upcoming version of Safari) or has great RSS integration in the form of live bookmarks (like FireFox 1.0 - and if you're using Windows and NOT using FireFox as a browser you're probably insane, in which case most of my blog posts won't pertain to you anyway so just ignore this whole thing)

Second, I'd just like to say that I really am trying. I need to tell that world that I "really am trying" because lately (for about a year now) I've been working really hard to get in touch with some of the folks I've left behind over the years - people I've loved in the past and missed now that they were gone. I've really been working hard at it.

BUT, I think I may have not been working hard enough on the people that have recently slipped out of view for me. I can think of a few people that fit this description and some of you will undoubtedly be reading this post soon so take it to heart - but as an exteremely good example I just read a post on Matt's Blog about a great day that he had with sunsets and a romantic ring that I can only assume is for a girl who's name starts with "K".... I missed the boat completely on this one. I've been out of "real" contact with Matt so long I didn't even know he was seeing someone seriously - though I would have assumed it; he's a great guy and deserves to have someone wonderful around him so it's inevitable that he would.

So here's to M# and whatever happiness that sunset and that beautiful ring may mean for him (I've already promised to discover these things and more... perhaps a follow-up post will be necessary)

And here's to a newfound realization that while it's fine to attempt to connect with people from my past, it's unacceptable to do this at the expense of the relationships I need to foster that grew out of a more recent "past".

Till next time....

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home